In human years, Amazon is the equivalent of a child prodigy. A prodigy who’s also the life of the party. In 24 short years Amazon has managed to make 300 million friends (active customer accounts) and take ownership of the world’s biggest shopping day.
- Prime Day is a summertime Black Friday, created purely by Amazon to attract new subscribers to its Prime delivery and video streaming service. Last year it surpassed Black Friday on sales – historically the biggest shopping day of the year globally for Amazon and many other retailers.
- On Prime Day in 2017, customer orders more than doubled on the Amazon App compared to the same 30 hour period in 2016. Advertisers saw an astounding 250-300% lift in ad-attributed sales compared to the previous week. This year is set to be even bigger.
- It’s got to be one of the most brilliant marketing feats for a single e-tailer to have succeeded in overshadowing the world’s biggest shopping day with its own version, under its own branding. It’s the equivalent of Hallmark actually owning Christmas, but it would be called Hallmark Day and children all over the world wouldn’t sleep for weeks in anticipation.
- Amazon Prime Day is happening this year from the 16th July 2018 for a reported 36 hour period. There will be millions of offers available exclusively to Prime subscribers. We’ve been working hard getting our brands ready for Prime Day with great content, optimised ad campaigns, stock and amazing deals.
- If you’re not selling on Amazon, or not a part of Prime Day, you’re missing out in a big way.