How to set up an Amazon Seller account
Input your name, email, a password and verify your password by re-entering it.
- Your password must be at least 6 characters long.
- You do not have to use the company email at this point.
Once you have created a login you will need to provide Amazon with:
- A legal business name, address, and contact information
- A company email address that can be used for the account – (set this up before registering an Amazon Seller Account, as it will receive important emails almost immediately)
- An internationally-chargeable credit card with a valid billing address
- A phone number where you can be reached during this registration process
- Your tax identity information.
Decide which selling plan you intend to use; a professional plan or an individual plan account.
- The professional plan lets you sell an unlimited number of products and pay a £25 (excl. VAT) monthly subscription fee. Professional plans are eligible to have products compete for the buy box.
- Individual plans pay no monthly fees, but must pay £0.75 per item sold instead. There are certain product categories Amazon prevent individual plan sellers from listing. You can only sell up to 40 products a month.
- Both Professionals and Individuals pay additional selling fees when an item sells.
- You can change the type of plan at any time.