A Seller's guide to using Amazon Deals
Amazon deals are an extremely important marketing tool to use when selling on the online marketplace. Although you might lose out on some profit, you make up for it with awareness. The key to Amazon deals is that they will help you sell more on Amazon in the long run. There are several types of Amazon deals that a Seller can choose to apply to their product listings.
We have provided a quick summary of the different types of Amazon deals available to you and given a small explanation as to what they mean and how they can help you sell more on Amazon.
Deal of the day is a promotion in which selected products are given a discount. it runs for 24 hours from 00:01 to 23:59. The short time frame motivates would-be customers to buy products while they are reduced.
As the name suggests, 7-day Deals will run for 7 consecutive days. It is the same as a deal of the day except it lasts an entire week. It may help increase sales and it can also be an effective way to reduce your inventory.
A lightning deal is a promotion in which a limited number of discounts are offered on an item for a short period of time. You should have your proposed quantity for the deal available at least seven days before the deal is expected to launch. Lightning deals are available until either the time for that promotion expires or all the available promotional discounts are claimed. A status bar indicating the percentage of deals that have already been claimed is visible to customers. They can run for 4 to 12 hours. You can only run a lightning deal once a week.
Amazon usually invites big brands to create deals for their special events such as Prime Day and Black Friday as they know they will be popular products on the day. This also means that these brands will usually get highly desirable deal times on event days. Once again, there is no guarantee as to when your deal will be live meaning that if Amazon does not see much potential, they may place your deal at a less busy time such as midnight where less consumers will see your deal.
Check out our results from Prime Day 2019 to see how important special event deals are to a brand’s success on Amazon.
Important Information when considering applying an Amazon Deal on your product
- You are limited in which Amazon deals you can promote on your products as you may only choose ASINs via Amazon’s recommendations.
- You will not get to choose the exact day or time as it is to Amazon’s discretion when a deal goes live.
- You can select the week that your Amazon deal will run.
- Deals with greater available quantity and inventory may have an advantage in being selected as an Amazon deal.
- The date and time of your deal will be revealed in Seller Central at least one week before the Deal is scheduled to run.
- To be eligible for Amazon Deals, you must be a professional Seller with at least five Seller Feedback Ratings per month and an overall rating of at least 3.5-stars.
- For the product to be eligible, it must already have a sales history on Amazon and have at least a 3-star rating by itself. It must be Prime eligible and compliant with customer product reviews and pricing policies.
- Amazon Deals will only apply one per customer.
- Products should have high quality images, a good title and a detailed description to maintain a high Amazon SEO ranking.
- The overall performance for your Amazon deals can be found on the ‘Manage Deals’ page in Seller Central.
Setting up and understanding Amazon deals is only a small part of running an efficient Amazon Seller account. Here at Molzi, we can help your team create and stick to a bespoke Amazon Advertising strategy plan. Our team of experts will provide your brand with personalised insights for your business to help grow sales.
Why delay? Give us a call now and see what we can do to help boost your Amazon sales!