How to set up an Amazon Seller account
Selling on Amazon is an easy and effective way to reach millions of potential buyers. Whether your brand sells millions of units a year or only a little, Amazon provides you the required tools and training to sell your products online successfully.
Step 1. Sign up to Amazon Seller Services
Input your name, email, a password and verify your password by re-entering it.
- Your password must be at least 6 characters long.
- You do not have to use the company email at this point.
Step 2. Register your business
Once you have created a login you will need to provide Amazon with:
- A legal business name, address, and contact information
- A company email address that can be used for the account – (set this up before registering an Amazon Seller Account, as it will receive important emails almost immediately)
- An internationally-chargeable credit card with a valid billing address
- A phone number where you can be reached during this registration process
- Your tax identity information.
Step 3. Choose a selling plan
Decide which selling plan you intend to use; a professional plan or an individual plan account.
- The professional plan lets you sell an unlimited number of products and pay a £25 (excl. VAT) monthly subscription fee. Professional plans are eligible to have products compete for the buy box.
- Individual plans pay no monthly fees, but must pay £0.75 per item sold instead. There are certain product categories Amazon prevent individual plan sellers from listing. You can only sell up to 40 products a month.
- Both Professionals and Individuals pay additional selling fees when an item sells.
- You can change the type of plan at any time.
Step 4. List your products and start selling
You can add products to the Amazon marketplace catalogue one at a time, or if you have a Professional selling subscription, you can add large batches of items using bulk tools.
You have several options for managing your Amazon orders and these options depend on the number of orders your products receive:, including
1. Manage Orders tool
2. Order Reports
3. Amazon Marketplace Web Services (Amazon MWS)
Learn more about options for managing orders on Amazon here.
Step 5. Ship your orders
Get help in setting up your Amazon Seller Account
Our Amazon experts understand the ins and outs of setting up an Amazon Seller Account and the best ways to sell your products online. Get in touch with our team today to learn how we can help set up your Amazon account and grow your sales!