5 Ways to Optimise your Sponsored Ads for Amazon Prime Day
Amazon Prime Day 2019 is on our doorstep. Seventy percent of shoppers are gearing up to participate in one of the most hyped sales events of the year.
Sellers and vendors will have locked down deals weeks ago, but whether you’re running deals or not, there is much you can do to take advantage of the enormous traffic volume expected over the 15th and 16th of July.
Last year, ad-attributed sales increased by 5.6 times on Prime Day compared to the previous month
Running Sponsored Ads and deals at the same time saw an increase in ad-attributed sales by 7.5 times
Here are 5 ways to optimise your Sponsored Ads ahead of Prime Day:
- Support deal ASIN’s and best sellers or hero products with Sponsored Ads. To guarantee visibility of your best ranked and reviewed products, they’ll need to be promoted. Running both Sponsored Product and Sponsored Brand ads will allow you to promote your hot products to deal seekers, and drive awareness amongst browsers.
- Double your daily budget. Amazon recommends at least 200% increased spend to maintain visibility – you’ll need enough budget to account for increased competition by other advertisers, as well as increased customer demand.
- Increase your keyword bids. CPC will spike, so to make sure you get onto the first page of search results (where 75% of shoppers won’t scroll past), set your bids to the maximum. Remember, you won’t often pay the maximum as product relevance, reviews and other factors will help you win top of search placement, but you do want to make sure you don’t run out of budget before the evening, or the end of the Prime Day event.
- Start your Sponsored Ad campaigns at least 7 days prior to the event – engaged audiences are more likely to purchase on Prime Day, plus your ads need time to build relevance.
- Keep your campaigns running for at least 14 days after the event – this will allow you to re-engage your audience at scale, and sell through remaining stock.
Remember, sales from Prime Day will have a long-lasting effect on product rank, so your investment will hopefully be paying back for months to come.